Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Julie"

Another one from the archives!! This is still a favorite of mine. This shot always reminded me of a 30's movie poster. And it wasn't planned it just happened. The subject is Julie Alspaugh or now Julie Dunham or as I always call her "Miss Julie". She was my first model for a lot of photos. She lived down the street from me and when I got an idea I would call her and we would get together and shoot. If she had a new dress, hat or this trenchcoat that would be good for pictures we would always camera test them. I ran into her the other day (wal-mart of course, seems like that is where I see everyone) and did a little catching up. Julie teaches at Independence high school and is the mother of four. Yikes! makes me feel old. Good photos happen when the subject wants to be photographed and the photographer can be his or her self, and that was always the case with these photo sessions. And if you haven't figured it out the girl in the chair in the field on this blog and on the home page...."Miss Julie"

No comments: